Sunday, December 2, 2007

About my dolls

I have been sculpting dolls from clay since Jan. 2004...I am self taught...I involve a lot of time into each one of my little ones, to make them as newborn looking as possible...I handsculpt my dolls from Professional Clay...I do not use any molds in sculpting them...After sculpting, I bake them to cure the clay...Then they are blushed for a realistic look...

My mother usually crochets the clothes for them...

These doll are not for play or for small children...they are intended to use as collectibles...They make nice gifts for Adult collectors, baby shower gifts...Anyone that loves dolls...Some are solid clay, others are soft body jointed babies...The solid clay dolls are anatomically correct...

1 comment:

Debbie Lee said...

Hi Shielda,
You did a great job. I love your babies. They are so cute. I love my baby that you made for me.
Debbie Lee